Meets every 2nd Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Most of our ladies are between the ages of 50 and 75, quite a diverse group. Most are working ladies, but a few are retired. Our mission endeavors include:
- Sponsoring the Operation Christmas Child Shoebox ministry in November. We also set up and supply a “Christmas Store” to help church members fill their boxes.
- Supplying the Crisis Pregnancy Center in August.
- Contributing to the Samaritan’s Purse “Little Lamb” collection.
- Preparing for and advertising 2-4 blood drives a year.
- Giving presents to a needy family at Christmas.
- Preparing Easter baskets in conjunction with an elementary school in the area.
- Aiding the Pine Street homeless projects including preparing breakfasts several times a year plus financial assistance.
- Keeping contact with shut-ins.
- Supporting all church-wide WMU projects.
Along with this, we prepare Wednesday night supper once a month throughout the year. Join us and have fun serving our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ with us! We have something of interest for everyone. Y’all come!
Carolyn Hollins Circle
Meets every 2nd Thursday at 10:00 a.m., with emphasis on missions studies and offerings. Activities involve supporting our shut-ins and missionaries.
Connie McGhee Circle
Meets every 1st Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.in the Ministry Center. Activities involve prayer for community, state, nation, and worldwide missionaries. We also contribute to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, Fisher House at VA Veterans Hospital, MCEF and church food pantries. In the month of August, we prepared 27+ lunches for the homeless in Oregon Hill.
Meets every 3rd Monday at 6:30 p.m.
Most of the members of the Lydia Circle are in their 30’s and 40’s, but we welcome all women who are young at heart. Our focused mission projects are the Pregnancy Resource Center of Metro Richmond, the Hilliard House, and the Mercy House in Kenya. We have supported the Children’s & Youth’s mission projects and the Building Fund by creating and selling cookbooks and calendars. We also do Bible Study and book studies. We are currently studying Bad Girls of the Bible and What We Can Learn from Them. Our meetings consist of lots of prayer, laughter, and fun.
Held every 1st Wednesday following family night supper, usually involving a missionary speaker or recap from one of our own members on a mission endeavor.
Dover Mission Awareness Day
Held on 3rd Thursday in July. This is an opportunity for the entire church family to meet and hear from missionaries whom we are supporting, held at one of the Dover Association churches.
Dover Spiritual Enrichment Day
Held on 2nd Tuesday in August. This is a dinner meeting for the whole church family to hear missionaries supported by the Dover Association. The 2015 meeting was at Oak Hall Baptist Church with Sally and Paul Kline as speakers.