Purpose: To provide dependable, safe, secure, and nurturing care to the children while at our Church, ages 0-5 years in a clean environment.
Responsibilities: (Applies to the Nursery Coordinator and Nursery Workers)
- Responsible for providing age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, escorting to the bathroom, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, play and prayer (universal precautions should always be used while changing diapers or during any time of bodily fluids)
- Greet parents in a positive, friendly manner. Assist them in properly registering their children and make yourself aware of any specific needs or requirements children may have
- Be polite, friendly, and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers
- Stay until the children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form
- In the event of an emergency notify the parent via the communication system, cell phone/pager
- Straighten the room and clean any toys/beds before leaving. All toys that have had contact with saliva will require special attention. A sanitizing solution will be available to use in the nursery
- Attend a 90- day performance review
- Report to the nursery coordinator any issues which are hindering the carry out of the duties or responsibilities
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the nursery coordinator: 1) any planned absences with an advance two week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift
- The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 4 weeks prior to the event
- May be given the opportunity to work during special services (Christmas Eve, revival, Maundy Thursday) at a pay of $10.00 per hour
- Hours are 10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each Sunday morning
The Nursery Worker will be allowed to miss four Sundays, without pay. It will be the Nursery Coordinator’s responsibility to be sure that there is coverage for the nursery and preschool rooms.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities
- At least 16 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children
- Submit three references
- There will be a 90-day provisionary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this a two week notice is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and will result in termination of employment.
- Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member.
To apply, please email your resume and references to: email@example.com