Responsible to: Church, Personnel Committee, Pastor
Supervisor: Personnel Committee
Principle Function: Ensure the nursery is a secure, nurturing environment where each child will see, hear and feel the love of Jesus Christ and parents can feel confident their child will receive the highest quality of care and ministry.
- Ministry requirements and responsibilities:
- Responsible to recruit, schedule, train and oversee volunteers and paid staff.
- Be in the nursery and/or preschool rooms each Sunday morning.
- Provide orientation and training for new nursery volunteers and paid workers.
- Develop and maintain a staffing schedule for the nursery.
- Communicate the current staffing schedule to nursery caregivers.
- Assist caregiver in finding a substitute if scheduled caregiver contacts you for assistance.
- Make last-minute replacements of volunteers due to illness and other unexpected causes.
- Report any known repeated problems with last-minute work cancellations or tardiness of nursery staff to the Personnel Committee.
- Make reminder phone calls, texts or emails each week to scheduled volunteers and paid workers.
- Assure that all paid nursery workers are in place at least 15 minutes prior to the start of session. Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Greet parents and children in a friendly, positive and welcoming manner as they drop off and pick up the children.
- Record and report weekly attendance records. Maintain class lists and weekly attendance lists for all nurseries.
- Oversee the care, maintenance, cleanliness, security and safety of the nursery area and equipment.
- Make sure healthy snacks are available each week.
- Assure all necessary supplies are in nurseries prior to the start of all sessions.
- Purchase inventory, as needed, and store nursery supplies in organized manner.
- Actively communicate with parents, paid workers and volunteers in a consistent, Christ-like manner.
- Serve as a point of contact for new families with nursery-age children. Within two weeks, provide phone call or letter to welcome families and explain nursery operations. Provide contact information to the church pastor.
- Work with teachers and ensure that follow-up and outreach letters to prospects, visitors and absentees are sent, as necessary.
- Help address parent concerns, relating to care received or physical needs of children being served in the nursery.
- The opportunity for extra work will be announced at least 4 weeks prior to the event.
- Expected to work, as needed, during special services (Christmas Eve, revival, Maundy Thursday) at a pay of $12.00 per hour.
- Attend a 90-day performance review.
- Follow any additional job responsibilities, related to time on Sunday morning, listed on the nursery worker job description.
- Hours are 10:15am-12:30pm each Sunday, plus other hours during the week to complete responsibilities.
- The Nursery Coordinator will be allowed to miss four Sundays, without pay. It will be the Nursery Coordinator’s responsibility to be sure that there is coverage for the nursery and preschool rooms.
- Experience in caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities
- At least 21 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Satisfactory completion of CPR training for infants and children
- Submit three references
- A love for and patience with young children
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with adults and children
- Punctuality and dependability
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of people
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and support adult volunteers and staff in the nursery
- Ability to welcome and reassure parents who are entrusting their children to the care of the nursery
- Ability to model godly childcare practices for parents and volunteers
- Ability to consistently follow procedures and to ensure that all volunteers follow procedures
- Ability to help develop and implement new procedures as needed to make the nursery a safe, clean and loving environment for children and parents
- There will be a 90-day provisionary period where either party may terminate employment without cause. Beyond this a two week notice is expected.
- Dependability is essential. Tardiness and excessive absences cannot be tolerated and will result in termination of employment.
- Immediate termination will occur in cases of intentional verbal, physical, or emotional abuse or neglect of any child, parent, or church member.
To apply, please email your resume and references to: email@example.com